A community starts with shared values.
- Growing a community on top of a shared set of values, and communicating these values clearly, will create a strong community and a strong brand.
- Members should be able to take ownership of the space, feel comfortable and at home. They should feel that their wellbeing is more important than to leverage the economic possibilities of the space.
- Collaboration does not always magically happen by itself. It might require facilitation and a person who’s dedicated to connect the individual members of the community. Creating certain rituals can help to increase an in-group feeling.
- Flexibility is crucial. The space should offer possibilities for a range of activities, also in parallel.
- However, even the greatest physical space isn’t worth much if it’s simply not well accessible to the community you want to reach.