A creative space starts in your head.
- A pretty looking creative space isn’t worth much if you can’t establish an environment of mental freedom. A creative space starts in one’s mind.
- If you want to build a space where creativity flourishes in a meaningful manner, get rid of your prefigured solution in your head. Listen to the people you want to reach. Find out what their problems are. And then create a space where they can tackle those.
- Act local: An approach that works in Africa doesn’t necessarily work in India as well.
- Think broader: Don’t be too centered around your own creative space. Ask yourself: what can you do to contribute something valuable to the overall education system in your country.
- The major skill that you want people to learn in the 21st century is how to network and how to weave education, creativity, social problems and entrepreneurship together.
The interview was conducted together with the artist Egon Zippel, also a co-founder of we_school.